Witney Festival of Food and Drink, or WFOFAD as it has fondly become known, is now a firm fixture in the life of the town and we are very proud of that. WFOFAD is a charitable event run by an enthusiastic team of local volunteers. In six years it has grown to be recognized as a very significant event, not just for the town but for the surrounding area from where we draw our stalls and producers.
The magnificent medieval church of St Mary’s provides a very splendid venue, together with spacious Church Green, and we are grateful to Henry Box School for the use of their courtyard.
This festival doesn’t happen by magic. There is a dedicated group of volunteers who beaver away throughout the year to get everything in place to make the day so special.
Being run by local volunteers gives the day a totally different feel to many professional food festivals, and I just want to thank them, the businesses who sponsor and support us in so many ways, and all the helpers on the day itself, for creating something really special for West Oxfordshire.
We were grateful last year for the support of the following people and thank them for their support:
• Aston James for providing the Festival wristbands and help with the Children’s Tent
• Bakers Butchers Limited
• Cook Witney for sponsoring our Festival map
• Sainsbury’s supermarket for the loan of their trolleys for loading and unloading
• Local Organisations, Individuals, and Stall Holders that have provided our fabulous raffle prizes
• The Henry Box School
• Church Green Neighbours
• Local companies who allow stall holders to use their car parks including: Ambic Equipment Ltd, Job Centre Plus, Mount House, STL Communications
• Local shops and organisations who display posters, business cards and our Festival brochure
• Everyone who helps promote our event on local and social media
• Our local authorities who assist with road closures, parking and pitches for our publicity stall
• Rotary Club of Witney
• Royal Air Force Cadets – Witney Squadron
• Witney Lions Club
And of course special thanks go to all our guests who support the Festival by coming to enjoy our event!